Islander JA Design-Construct - Modern & Practical Buildings with Innovative Designs
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

test
How Landscaping improves the mood of your home.
How building an energy efficient home will save you money.
Building a House Vs. Buying a House

April 2013
July 2012
June 2012

powered by

Speak

Building a House Vs. Buying a House

There are pros and cons in everything that we do, including build or buying a home.

Would you prefer to build a house or buy one and why?

12 Comments to Building a House Vs. Buying a House:

Comments RSS
Lenny on Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:36 AM
Every decision of building or buying a housing has advantages and disadvantages. I can't say I have a favorite as it economical to get a pre-design house and build on it but in reality everyone has a dream house and there is nothing more than having that house as it will be your home. Buying an house these days is buying an apartment but to me its still better than paying rent when you can use that rent to payoff a house loan (lease to own)
Reply to comment

Afeya on Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:18 AM
That is a good point Lenny. Economical way of getting what you want.

hell's kitchen condos for sale on Thursday, May 09, 2013 5:51 AM
Such quality content on house.Nice picture is shown here which is most attractive! I find this article very informative. I am waiting for your next post. Keep it up.

Afeya on Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:10 PM
Thanks for your comment. I will be doing one on home insulation soon.

Moi on Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:43 AM
I'd rather build than buy because when you buy, you are not sure of what the structure is like. Also, when you build, you have the opportunity of getting what you want in the house, where you want it, the size you want it, etc.
Reply to comment

Calvin on Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:29 AM
Building would be prefered however if there's a good buy for a house already built and looks good on a good property and all, then I will be buying
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Friday, April 19, 2013 10:48 AM
I'd prefer to build especially in Jamaica with the economical crisis. You are able to take your time and do bits and pieces to the house in order to get it to where you want it.
Reply to comment

Afeya on Friday, April 19, 2013 10:57 AM
That's a good way to look at it. However, there are persons who uses the NHT benefits and it takes them to point A, then they take their time to build on what they have.

Anonymous on Friday, April 19, 2013 11:05 AM
Also, many persons use the NHT scheme houses as a means of income that they do additions overtime and rent them, especially in the city areas.
Reply to comment

Afeya on Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:04 PM
That is a good way to look at it.

home loans on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 4:51 AM
Very tricky question! But from my point of view build a house is the best one which i prefer because if i build a house that i would build my own way and perfect as well. So i will prefer to build a house not to buy. Thanks
Reply to comment

Afeya on Thursday, May 09, 2013 1:07 PM
Thanks for your comment. That's a good view point. Also, you are sure of the structural components of the building itself.